Wednesday, October 13, 2010

LOVE THESE PLACES

Margie from Bruce and Margie's Full-Time Journey started something when she wrote about her Top Five Places they have visited. So many have written about their favourite places or places they want to visit I thought I'd try to do a short post with photos of some of our favourites.



For many years I thought of Simpsons Beach, where my mother now lives, as the most perfect place on earth. It's still a special place.









Sunset on Oakura Beach near New Plymouth






TWJ and I met at the Oakura Surf Lifesaving Clubhouse way back in the summer of 1960


Pukekura Park New Plymouth







We both love New Plymouth and have many friends there. It's long past time we made another visit.

Takapuna Campground







We stayed in the Motel at this Campground on Auckland's Northshore a few times. It's my favourite place to stay when we visit the Big Smoke, away from the busy city streets yet only a few minutes drive from the Harbour Bridge.


Rangitoto Island one of the many volcanoes, presumed to be extinct.



Auckland is a city built on volcanoes, generally we talk about 12 but the list is far more extensive.

It's always hard to believe that this is part of our largest and maddest city/


City-Scape from the Auckland Harbour Ferry





Outside this photo to the right, is the Viaduct Basin, where the America's Cup was based, and away to the left of the brown Victorian Ferry Building is the proposed Cruise Ship Terminal.

That's three places. I don't have photos for other North Island places so I'll leave the South Island for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Thank you so much for the great photo tour of your homeland, the Australia/ New Zealand area holds such a pull on me that it screams out fir a visit, but I doubt Donna & I will ever be able to afford the trip. Maybe the Blessed Mother will tempt me with a win in the lottery, fat chance. Enjoy your kind words and encouragement. be safe out there. Sam & Donna.